Saturday, November 30, 2013

Month of Gratitude

It's the last day of November and we're enjoying a relaxing, family-filled Thanksgiving holiday weekend at my mom and dad's house. I love how people have used Facebook to declare their gratitude for various things. I also love how they've expanded it from one Thanksgiving post to a whole month's worth of posts.

I admit that I haven't joined the masses in posting my list of things I'm thankful for. And I feel guilty about it. However, I know that my heart is filled overflowing with appreciation. In fact, that's probably the reason I don't post about it on Facebook - it's too hard to find the words to capture it all. I do have a couple highlights though.

This year, I'm especially thankful for babies. My own sweet little one (who's sleeping peacefully in my mom's arms right now!), my two new nieces and 2nd cousin who were all born within the past year (bringing our total niece/nephew count to 13!) and new babies to come during the coming year.

I'm also thankful for my new work position. I still get to work with FFA and do projects that I really enjoy, while being able to more time and attention to our family and farm. It's exactly the balance I was hoping to achieve!

I'm thankful for this fall's harvest. After the disheartening yields last year due to the drought, this year was especially appreciated! I'm also grateful for a husband who is continually trying to improve and find better techniques. And I loved being a contributing member of the fieldwork this year.

Now onward to December...the month when we celebrate the One who gave it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment